Product Description: Light box therapy has proven to be an effective method of relieving symptoms associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It is the therapy of choice among physicians and other specialists. Studies have shown that SAD affects 3 to 10% of the population. Typical symptoms of SAD include depression, excessive sleepiness, overeating, anxiety, loss of libido, and mood changes. Bright-light therapy involves the use of a specially designed lamp that produces an intense luminescence within the daylight spectrum. For optimal benefit, the lamp should operate at an intensity of 10,000 lux. The light should consist of full daylight spectrum or of white light, with filtering of ultraviolet light to avoid harmful effects on the eyes and skin. The TRAVelite is a compact and versatile light box that will let you enjoy the light in a variety of situations. Use it in the office, at home, on a trip. It is compact enough to fit in a briefcase.
Specifications: * It stands 13 inches high, 7 inches wide, 2.6 inches deep and weighs 2.5 pounds.
* A carrying case and support is provided with the TRAVelite which allows you to set the unit on a horizontal surface (desk, table, shelf, etc.).
* The wall mount feature allows you to hang the lamp from a hook or nail.
* The light box uses only 85 watts.
* It is electronically powered so there is no hum and it will automatically select from 110-270 volts.
Filter Media: * The bulb is a 10,000 Lux fluorescent tube.
* The UV output is blocked below 400 nm.
Filter Change: The tube life is 5,000 hours.
Warranty: * The TRAVelite comes with a 7-year manufacturer warranty and 60 day money-back guarantee.
* The warranty applies to unit only.
* The tubes for the TRAVelite have a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn’t working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less $35 for shipping & restocking.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.
Additional Info: * When using the TRAVelite, if you sit 10-12 inches (25-30 cm) away it will deliver 10,000 lux and you will need to use the light for 20-30 minutes each day.
* If you sit 18 inches (45 cm) away the TRAVelite delivers 5,000 Lux, and we recommend that you use the light for about one hour each day.
* Use the light regularly at about the same time each day.
* It is recommended that you use the light first thing in the morning.
* The treatment works through the eyes, but you do not need to look directly at the light.
* Also try to spend time outdoors during sunny periods. Eat sensibly, exercise and try to keep a regular wake-sleep hours.