Product Description: Light box therapy has proven to be an effective method of relieving symptoms associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It is the therapy of choice among physicians and other specialists. Studies have shown that SAD affects 3 to 10% of the population. Typical symptoms of SAD include depression, excessive sleepiness, overeating, anxiety, loss of libido, and mood changes. Bright-light therapy involves the use of a specially designed lamp that produces an intense luminescence within the daylight spectrum. For optimal benefit, the lamp should operate at an intensity of 10,000 lux. The light should consist of full daylight spectrum or of white light, with filtering of ultraviolet light to avoid harmful effects on the eyes and skin.
Specifications: * The SATelite delivers bright light by combining high-output fluorescent tubes (10,000 lux) with a large high-performance parabolic reflector.
* This unit draws only 85 watts and automatically selects from 110-270 volts.
* The power in the SATelite is channeled into light, not heat.
* The lamp stands 24 inches high, the lamp shade is 17.5 inches x 8 inches, the base is 11.6 inches, and it weighs 8 lbs.
* The height and angle adjustments allow you to obtain maximum comfort while enjoying the SATellite.
* The large reflector provides diffuse bright light without losing intensity rapidly as you move away from the lamp.
* The SATellite can also be used at home or at the office, for any task that requires bright lighting.
Filter Media: * The bulb is a 10,000 Lux fluorescent tube.
* The UV output is blocked below 400 nm.
Filter Change: The tube life is 5,000 hours.
Warranty: * The SATelite comes with a 7-year manufacturer warranty and 60 day money-back guarantee.
* The warranty applies to the unit only.
* The tubes for the SATelite have a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn’t working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less $35 for shipping & restocking.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.
Additional Info: * When using the SATellite, if you sit 10-12 inches (25-30 cm) away it will deliver 10,000 lux and you will need to use the light for 20-30 minutes each day.
* It is recommended that you use the light first thing in the morning.
* The treatment works through the eyes, but you do not need to look directly at the light.
* Use the light regularly at about the same time each day. Also try to spend time outdoors during sunny periods. Eat sensibly, exercise and try to keep a regular wake-sleep hours.