AMPK for Longevity
Submitted by Life Extension
AMPK is an enzyme that serves as the body's master regulating switch. It inhibits multiple damaging factors by revitalizing aging cells. Found in every cell, AMPK promotes longevity factors shown to extend lifespan in numerous organisms. Increasing AMPK signaling "turns off" many damaging effects of aging, thus enabling cells to return to their youthful vitality. Life Extension® scientists have compiled years of research to create AMPK Activator, a specialized dual-extract formulation that supports AMPK activation for health optimization. This natural formula supports AMPK enzymatic activities required to safely support a more youthful cellular environment.
Importance of AMPK
Greater AMPK (adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase) activation has been shown to help target damaging factors of aging. Studies show increased AMPK activity supports reduced fat storage, new mitochondria production, and the promotion of healthy blood glucose and lipids already within normal range.
An extract of the plant Gynostemma pentaphyllum was traditionally used in Asian medicine to promote longevity and scientists now know why—G. pentaphyllum promotes AMPK activation. Trans-tiliroside, extracted from plants such as rose hips, also boosts AMPK activation, but triggers different down-stream metabolic benefits than G. pentaphyllum. Among its many benefits, a low equivalent dose of 56 mg daily trans-tiliroside has been shown by researchers in preclinical studies to promote healthy blood-glucose levels and body weight already within normal range.
An Anti-Aging Discovery Not to Be Overlooked
Scientists uncovered the cell-energizing effect of AMPK in the 1970s. Since then, an exponential volume of data (over 7,500 published studies) documents the critical role that activated AMPK plays in maintaining life-sustaining cellular functions.
Those seeking to extend their healthy lifespan should ensure they optimally activate their cellular AMPK. The reason this is so important is that in response to aging, excess calorie consumption, and/or low levels of physical activity, AMPK activity markedly declines.
A targeted way of reversing cellular depletion of this critical enzyme is to take the new AMPK Activator formula, a dual-extract, plant-based formulation. This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
1. J Mol Med (Berl). 2011 Jul;89(7):667-76.
2. J Proteome Res. 2011 Apr 1;10(4):1690-7.
3. Circ Res. 2007 Feb 16;100(3):328-41.
4. Physiol Rev. 2009 89:1025–78.
5. Age (Dordr). 2014 Apr;36(2):641-63.
6. Clin Sci (Lond). 2013 Apr;124(8):491-507.
7. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2002 Dec 10;99 (25):15983-7.
8. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011 Nov 1;19(21):6254-60.
9. Carbohydr Polym. 2012 Jul 1;89(3):942-7.
10. Biotechnol Lett. 2012 Sep;34(9):1607-16.
11. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014 Jan;22(1):63-71.
12. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011 May;92(2):e41-6.
13. Prev Nutr Food Sci. 2013 Jun;18(2):85-91.
14. J Nutr Biochem. 2012 Jul;23(7):768-76.
15. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007;17(11):3059-64.
Order Status | Help | Contact Us | Policies | About Us | Tracking | Site Map