Product Description: The Allerair AirMedic Pro 5 DS air purifiers is specifically designed for smokers. It features a unique tar-trapping pre-filter that grabs larger particles and tar, which also extends the life of the HEPA filter and carbon filter. The unit also features a micro-wrap filter to deal with small particles found in the cigarette smoke and an extra-deep 22 lb. carbon filter which increases dwell time, allowing more chemicals, gases and odors to be absorbed. Tobacco smoke and odors are most effectively trapped when your air purifiers works on low speed. Activated carbon is the only known media that can be used to effectively remove staggering odors resulted from tobacco smoke.
Specifications: * The AirMedic Pro 5 DS stands 20.5 inches high, 15 inches in diameter, and weighs 52 pounds.
* The housing is made out of 18 gauge steel with a baked on enamel finish.
* It is cylindrical in shape to maximize airflow.
* The airflow output is on the top right side of the unit.
* It comes with a 3-speed control switch and castors for easy movement.
* The electrical consumption is low , 80 watt average.
Filter Media: * The 3 inch bed of 28 lbs. of activated carbon comes in a non-off-gassing metal canister with two anti-microbial filters to suppress any microorganisms around the filter.
* The carbon mixture consists of:
* Coconut shell carbon for the removal of a broad range of chemicals and gases.
* Zeolite for the absorbtion of odors.
* The Super-HEPA removes 99.9% of all particles at 0.1 microns in size.
* The pre-filter is a cotton/pollyester belnd with a sticky substance on one side to trap the tar.
Filter Change: The carbon filter should be changed every 2-3 years. The H.E.P.A. wrap should be changed every 5-7 years. The pre-filter should be vacuumed once a week and changed every 3 months.
Warranty: The Aller Air air purifiers come with a 10- year limited warranty.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn’t working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less a 10% restocking fee.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.