Product Description: The premier bible of natural health, with cutting-edge findings in alternative and preventative therapies - now thoroughly revised and updated.
Prescription for Nutritional Healing is the nation's #1 bestselling guide to natural remedies. Now, wholly revised and updated by expert dietitian and nutritional researcher Stacey Bell, DSC, this new fifth edition incorporates the most recent information on a variety of alternative healing and preventative therapies and new scientific findings on vitamins, supplements, and herbs.
In the A-to-Z reference guide to illnesses, you'll find updated including:
* How omega-3 fatty acids and exercise may help those suffering from Alzheimer's
* Strategies for combating prostate cancer
* The latest information on GI problems often associated with autism
* Current advice on the most beneficial nutrients for relieving arthritis
* Leading research on breast cancer, menopause, and bio-identical hormones
* New guidelines for diagnosing and battling diabetes
* And much, much more.
With more than 800 pages of comprehensive facts about all aspects of alternative ways to wellness, Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition, unites the best of age-old remedies with twenty-first-century science.
Publisher: The Penguin Group
Date Published: 2006
About the Author: Phyllis A. Balch, CNC, was a leading nutritional counselor and advocate of natural therapies for more than two decades and spent more than twenty-five years researching natural approaches to health and healing.
Stacey Bell, DSC, is a registered dietitian and was a nutritional researcher at Harvard Medical School for many years. She has coauthored more than 70 scientific articles, and lectures extensively around the world on most aspects of nutrition.