Oxygen Supplementation: Breathe Nourishment Into Your Cells
A Q&A with Michelle Schoffro Cook, D.N.M., D.A.C., C.N.C., C.I.T.P.
Did you know that only 10 percent of our nutritional energy comes from food? there does the other 90 percent come from? Oxygen. That's right; it's not just for breathing anymore.
Colorless, tasteless, and odorless, oxygen is the supreme element—a primary nutrient without which life couldn't exist. We can live without food for weeks and without water for between three to seven days. But how long can we live without oxygen? Less than five minutes. Our bodies literally starve without oxygen.
Each of the body's estimated 100 trillion cells requires oxygen for every one of its metabolic processes. Through oxidation, we metabolize foods, providing energy for the heart, brain, and cells, and eliminating toxins and waste. All functional abilities of our body—thinking, feeling, moving, eating, and sleeping just to name a few—are generated from and regulated by oxygen.
Oxygen energizes cells so they can regenerate and provides vital cellular flexibility. All of our organs need a large volume of oxygen to function efficiently This explains why oxygen must be continuously replaced on a moment-to-moment basis.
Oxygen is also one of the most significant antiaging components. The more we saturate our cells with stabilized oxygen, the lower the rate of wear and tear on our bodies. Oxygen's natural ability to catabolize (or oxidize) bacteria, fungi, and viruses plays a significant role in preventing degenerative diseases and sustaining the natural immortality factor of the cell. If we put any fungus, virus, or harmful bacteria in a petri culture dish, then drop stabilized oxygen on them, they would all die on contact.
The challenge, then, is clear: To get oxygen not only into our bodies, but directly into the cells where it can fight pathogens, burn up toxins, and support overall internal health. Then bring oxygen into the body without creating the harmful free-radicals considered to be a major cause of premature aging.
Q: It sounds like diseases occur when oxygen levels are insufficient. Is this correct?
That seems to be the case. Without sufficient oxygen, cells simply cannot function properly and disease can set in. In the 1940s, Dr. Otto Warburg, Nobel Laureate, stated emphatically that all disease is ultimately related to oxygen starvation. More recently, Dr. Stephen Levine, a molecular biologist and nutrition researcher, said the same thing: hypoxia—low oxygen levels in the cells—results in disease.
Initial symptoms of oxygen deficiency may include fatigue, circulation problems, poor digestion, muscle aches and pains, dizziness, depression, memory loss, irrational behavior, irritability, overall weakness, and bronchial complications.
When the immune system is compromised by a lack of oxygen, the body is more susceptible to opportunistic bacterial, viral, and parasitic infections, colds, and flu. Oxygen deprivation can also trigger life-threatening diseases.
Q: Why aren't our bodies getting enough oxygen?
With millions of square miles of oxygenregenerating rainforest already destroyed (plus disease growing in our remaining forests) and huge amounts of precious oxygen-producing sea algae destroyed by pollution, our great sources of oxygen are being severely compromised. Research scientists have determined that—unless concerted global efforts are made to protect the atmosphere—our atmospheric oxygen concentration levels will continue being reduced by about 0.8 percent every 15 years.
THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS THAT CAN CAUSE OXYGEN DEPLETION:
Q: So, how can we maintain healthy levels of oxygen in the body?
Through a combination of good nutrition, a healthful lifestyle (including ample exercise), and oxygen supplementation, the average person can enhance the way their body accesses and uses oxygen. That means seeking out an oxygen supplement with a superior delivery system. I use a liquid supplement called Cellfood, which has the unique ability to split water molecules within the body, releasing oxygen and hydrogen at the cellular level. Instead of creating free radicals, Cellfood bonds with any water molecules found in the body, transforming them into stabilized oxygen. In my observation, Cellfood provides the deepest and most abundant cell oxygenation of any oxygen supplement.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF CELLFOOD:
As you begin to introduce more pure, stable oxygen into your system, your body will likely respond with new levels of vitality, energy, endurance, and, most of all, profound well-being.