Product Description: A clean, clear pool without chemicals. CuZn's Pool Filtration Systems use a series of Power Disks to provide excellent, chlorine-free water for swimming pools through filtration rather than through the introduction of chemicals to the water. Chlorine attacks organic matter, and your skin is your body's largest organ. Chlorine irritates eyes, nose membranes and lungs and it leaves skin and hair dry and flaky. Studies have shown that long-term exposure to chlorine can be harmful to your health. Hydrogen peroxide alternatives to chlorine can also cause allergic reactions and can permeate the pool walls.
Specifications: * Filtration inside the pool system takes place as the water twists and turns through the Power Disks' maze of copper-zinc fibers.
* This tortuous movement increases contact time with the disk as the water is continually circulated through the openings.
* Because the reticulated foam media is hard, it cannot be compacted, and the filter is not subject to channeling or clogging.
* No backwashing of media is necessary.
* To assure quality performance, water should be allowed to circulate through the Filter Foam Pool Filtration System for eight hours a day.
* The MegaDisk comes with a black disk guard designed to capture sediment. If the guard becomes clogged it decreases the flow of water through the disk. Keep the guard clean by peeling it from the disk, washing it in water and replacing it on the top of the disk.
Cleaning Area: * The 6" disk fits directly into pool skimmer.
* Use one disk for each pool skimmer or one disk per 15,000 gallons of pool capacity.
* Eliminates the use of chemicals with little or no chlorine.
Filter Media: * The Pool & Spa Mega Disc uses a state-of-the-art form of KDF copper-zinc media which has been molded, via a proprietary process, into a hard disk that looks like a gold sponge.
* KDF is excellent at removing chlorine for long periods of time while also acting as a descalant and algaecide in the pool and maintaining a bacteriostatic environment in the filter.
* KDF meets NSF Standards 42 and 61 and has been tested to remove heavy metals and inorganics as well as chlorine from water.
* KDF releases low residual copper and zinc ions into the water to prevent algae and fungus growth.
Filter Change: The disc should last six to eight months before it needs to be replaced. Replacing the disk is as simple as dropping out the old and popping in the new.
Return Policy: In the event the filter isn't working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the filter. All filters must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less a 10% restocking fee.
In the event the filter is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.
Additional Info: * Filter Foam Pool Filtration Systems also safeguards plumbing and equipment because pipes are protected against the corrosive effects of chlorine.
* Another plus: chemical costs are minimal.
* If excessive bather load or severe rain or wind conditions should tax the pool, a one-time shock treatment with potassium monopersulfate, followed by Filter Foam Filtration, is sufficient to solve the problem.
* The Power Disks also help to neutralize slightly acidic water, thereby reducing the use of pH chemicals.