Product Description: The Chrome Counter-Top water purifier with fluoride upgrade works on any home or office sink and filters up to 10,000 gallons of cold water on demand! The first housing uses a combination of patented trace minerals (Copper-Zinc) which has been tested to NSF standard 42 and 61, and coconut shell carbon. This filter will remove and/or reduce chlorine, sediment, algae, molds, scale, bad taste, odors, and other undesirable contaminants that may effect the quality of your water supply. And unlike carbon only filters, bacteria can't grow inside the bacteriostatic CuZn filters. The second housing is filled with a media designed to remove fluoride. This system installs in minutes by hooking up the diverter to the end of your kitchen sink faucet. Just pull a pin and get CuZn pure water whenever you choose.
Specifications: * The housings for both the carbon and fluoride filters are 12 inches high and 4 inches in diameter.
* Both housings are made of ABS non-leaching plastic that are chrome plated and it comes with a swivel spout.
Cleaning Area: * The carbon filter will filter out more than 600 contaminants including chlorine, lead, heavy metals, trihalomethanes, herbicides, pesticides, sediment, algae, molds, scale, bad tastes and odors.
* The flow rate is 3/4 of a gallon per minute and will filter up to 8,000 gallons of water.
* The fluoride filter flow rate is 1 gallon per minute and removes 2500 parts per billion.
Filter Media: * The KDF filter uses a combination of patented trace minerals (Copper-Zinc) which has been tested to NSF standard 42 and 61, and coconut shell carbon.
* Unlike carbon only filters, bacteria can't grow inside the bacteriostatic CuZn filters.
* The water purifier comes standard with the KR-101N carbon filter which has non-cyst removal and a 5 micron average sediment removal.
* The fluoride filter is activated alumina which is a granular, highly porous and an absorptive form of aluminum oxide.
* The water purifier is a 4 stage purification system.
* Stage one is a 100 micron pre-filter.
* Stage two is a special fine mesh activated alumina that has been pre-conditioned specifically for single use cartridge applications. Laboratory evaluations have demonstrated that this preconditioning can double the filter’s capacity, but high pH, high bicarbonate levels and high flow rates will reduce this capacity.
* Stage three is a 50-micron post-filter.
* The fourth stage is the KDF and carbon filter.
Filter Change: The KR-101N carbon filter and the fluoride filter should be changed once a year.
Warranty: There is a 1-year manufacturer warranty on the cartridge and a 5-year pro-rated warranty on housing only.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn’t working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less a 10% restocking fee.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.