Product Description: CWR's Emergency Gravity Filter units are designed for use where pressurized and or potable water is not available. The units use the pressure of gravity to filter water from the upper chamber down through the Ceramic Filters and into the basin to provide you with clean, safe water from any fresh water source.
Key Features and Benefits:
* No priming necessary unlike the Berkey units that require dirty water to be flushed into the filter before use.
* Reduces parasites and bacteria more effectively than other emergency filters.
* Ceramic filter contains non-leachable silver to prevent bacteria regrowth.
* Unit can hold up to 5 filters (supplied with 2) to increase flow rate per hour when more water volume is required.
* Unit easily assembles in seconds and can be transported for use in remote areas with any fresh water source.
* Camping, Emergency Situations and everyday use where portable water is required.
* The unit is designed for use where pressurized and/or suitable portable water is not available.
* The unit uses gravity to filter the water from the upper chamber through UltraGrav Ceramic filter(s) to supply clean, safe drinking water from most any water source, which is stored in the lower chamber ready for use.
* The housing is manufactured from FDA approved, high density poly-propylene (HDPE)
* Extremely durable, lightweight, portable and a self contained drinking water system.
* The system can accommodate up to 4 Imperial UltraGrav ceramic filters, or up to 5 Standard UltraGrav ceramic filters. to provide ample drinking water for any situation.
Specifications: * Filter Capacity: Up to 4- Imperial UltraGrav Ceramic filters or up to 5 Standard UltraGrav Ceramic Filters
* Water Production: Approximately 1/4 gallon per hour per 2 filters. WILL vary based on water quality.
* Capacity: Bottom & top chamber each hold 3 gallons of water
* Operating Temperature: 40-100 F
* Dimensions (collapsed): 11.25" W x 16.75" T
* Dimensions (assembles): 11.25" W x 28.5" T
Cleaning Area: UltraGrav Filter Specifications:
* Dirt, Sediment Removal 0.5 Microns >99.99%
* Bacteria, Parasites >99.9999%
* Chlorine Removal >97%
* Chloramine Removal >97%
* Turbidity (cloudiness) >98%
* Fluoride & Heavy Metal Reduction Fluoride @ 0.8 ppb >95%
* Nickel, Lead, Copper >90%
* Aluminum, Arsenic III & V, Cadmium, Chromium III, Iron, Manganese >80%
* Mercury, Chromium VI >50%
Fluoride and Heavy Metal Reduction for UltraGrav Filters:
* Fluoride @ 0.8 ppm: 99%
* Mercury and silver: >50%
* Aluminum, Arsenic III, V, Cadmium, Chromium, VI, Iron, and Manganese: >80%
* Copper, Nickel, Zinc: >90%
* Lead: >95%
Filter Media: Standard UltraGrav Ceramic Filter:
For situations where there are concerns that there may be heavy metals or fluoride in your water, the UltraGrav Ceramic Filter can handle these contaminants. The new UltraGravTM Ceramic Filter can remove Fluoride and Toxic Heavy Metals, a feature that standard ceramics do not have! In addition, the UltraGravTM Ceramic filter reduces parasites, bacteria, sediment, turbidity, chlorine, bad taste and odor as well.
Stage 1: The outer ceramic filter removes >99.99% of disease causing parasites such as cryptosporidium, giardia, as well as bacteria, debris and particulates.
Stage 2: Carbon reduces chlorine, chlorine by-products, bad taste, odors and chemicals.
Stage 3: (Exclusive to UltraGrav) The Metalgon media blended into the granular activated carbon removes fluoride and numerous heavy metals.
Filter Change: The ceramic and fluoride filters should be changed after 1,000 gallons or once a year.
Warranty: This water purifier comes with a one-year limited manufacturer's warranty against material defects for the housing, faucet, connectors, and ceramic filter element, excluding any accessories or additional parts installed by a plumber with the following conditions. The filter shows no evidence it has been tampered with or that it has been subject to misuse, abuse or negligent use. No repair or alteration of the filter has been made by someone other than CWR. The filter shows no evidence it was either improperly installed, operated or used for a purpose for which it was not intended.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn't working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less a 10% restocking fee.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.
Additional Info: When the ceramic outershell of the filter gets clogged with dirt and sediment your water pressure will go down. You can restore the water pressure by cleaning the filter. To clean the filter run it under water and rub lightly with an abrasive non-detergent pad (scotch bright). This should remove any dirt and sediment and your water pressure will be restored. Do no use a brillo pad because you may damage the ceramic filter. Do not try to restore the ceramic to the original color. Too much wear can damage the ceramic and reduce the efficiency of the filter.