Product Description: The best way to ensure total home protection for your family is to install a "Point Of Entry" Whole House filtration system combined with a "Point Of Use" system at the sink. By filtering the water supply as it enters your home, you can get clean, safe water coming out of all your faucets. All units are customized using different components depending on the specific level of protection desired, the quality of your water supply and the age and condition of your home's pipes. It is recommended that you obtain a comprehensive water report from your local water municipality and have it analyzed by one of CWR's water specialist before purchasing a whole house system. All whole house systems must be professionally installed by a licensed plumber and it is recommended that you obtain a quote from a local plumber on the cost of the installation before purchasing a whole house system.
Specifications: The Total Home Filtration System LEVEL 3 contains:
* One 20 inch Big Blue sediment filter
* One 1.5 cubic foot backwashable tank.
* The tanks are installed where the main pipe enters the house at the water meter.
* If there is no basement the units can be installed next to the hot water heater.
* This system also comes with a computerized, automatic backwashing valve.
Cleaning Area: * The flow rate of the carbon tank is 27 gallons per minute.
* The sediment filter will remove particles, dirt, rust, sand and organic materials (sludge, leaves, roots, etc.)
Filter Media: * The sediment filter is the first filter in line to the whole house filter.
* Depending on the water conditions, there are two sediment filter models available. The bag filter with a 10 micron pore size has a higher capacity to remove dirt. The fluted filter is a 10 to 20 micron pore size and is cleanable. Generally, bag filters are better when high levels of dirt and sediment are present.
* The 1.5 cubic foot backwashable carbon tank contains a custom blend of carbons to reduce chlorine, THM's, industrial chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, bad taste and odors.
Filter Change: * The carbon tank filter should be changed every 3-5 years.
* The sediment filter should be changed every year and the reverse osmosis filters should be changed every year.
Warranty: The tank with control valve has a 15-year manufacture warranty and the sediment filter has a 1 year manufacture warranty.
Return Policy: All Whole House Systems are custom made, therefore they are NOT returnable.
Warnings: Certain states such as California, Iowa, and Wisconsin prohibit health claims as a matter of state law. Such claims not in compliance are hereby withdrawn. The listed information does not imply, indicate, signify or suggest that your drinking water contains harmful contaminants. Contamination can only be determined through testing by your local water supplier. Nor does the information imply, indicate, signify or suggest that water treatment devices are an acceptable permanent alternative to central water treatment by your supplier.