Product Description: The 5000 D Vocarb with 10 watt U.V. unit is designed for situations where significant levels of airborne chemicals, gases, odors, and mold are among the main problems. These air purifiers feature an extra-deep 22 lb. carbon bed, which increases dwell time, allowing more chemicals, gases and odors to be absorbed. The UV light sterilizes indoor air and eliminates transmittable agents like viruses and bacteria. The UV light’s germicidal properties adapt themselves to many different targets and alters the DNA structure of microscopic organisms, rendering them unable to reproduce.
Specifications: * The AirMedic Pro 5 D Vocarb Air Purifier stands 20.5 inches high, 15 inches in diameter, and weighs 54 pounds.
* The housing is made out of 18 gauge steel with a baked on enamel finish.
* It is cylindrical in shape to maximize airflow.
* The airflow output is on the top right side of the unit.
* It comes with a 3-speed control switch and castors for easy movement.
* The electrical consumption is low, 80 watt average.
Cleaning Area: The AirMedic Pro 5 D Vocarb air purifier will clean up to 1,500 square feet of open space or 400 cubic feet per minute. It will change the air every 30 minutes or up to 12 times an hour if placed in a smaller room.
Filter Media: * The 22 lbs. of activated carbon comes in a non-off-gassing metal canister with two anti-microbial filters to suppress any microorganisms around the filter.
* Anthracite for removal of voc's, oil based solvents and gases.
* Coconut shell carbon for the removal of a broad range of chemicals and gases.
* Permaform for the removal of voc's including formaldehyde, mercury, sulfides and acid gases.
* Zeolite for the absorbtion of odors.
* The Super-HEPA removes 99.9% of all particles at 0.1 microns in size.
* The polyester/cotton blend pre-filter collects larger particles such as dust and hair.
* The ultra violet germicidal lamp sterilizes bacteria and viruses that get trapped in the H.E.P.A. filter.
* The Ultra Violet dose is 30,000 uW sec/cm sq. and the ozone output is 0.
Filter Change: The carbon filter should be changed every 2-3 years. The H.E.P.A. filter should be changed every 5-7 years. The pre-filter should be vacuumed once a week and changed every 3 months. The ultra violet lamp should be changed after 10,000 hours or approximately 1.5 years.
Warranty: The Aller Air air purifiers come with a 10- year limited warranty.
Return Policy: In the event the unit isn’t working out for you, you may return it within 2 weeks of purchase. You must contact our Customer Service Department for a return authorization number. Complete the return form that was sent with your invoice. Be sure to include any materials you received, such as the instruction booklet, as well as any parts that may have come with the unit. All units must be put in a separate box so that there are no shipping labels or writing on the original packaging. We suggest you insure the package and all return shipping charges are your responsibility. Upon its return, the unit will be inspected, and if it is in resellable condition we will credit you back less a 10% restocking fee.
In the event the unit is damaged or defective, please save all packing material and contact our Customer Service Department immediately for further instructions.